Tuesday 26 June 2012

Winter School Holidays

Goodbye semester one!  It's hard to believe half of the school year is now over.  The kids are now on school holidays for two weeks.  This time I decided to send my kids to spend tme with their grandparents who live in Hervey Bay.  Frank drove them up early on Saturday morning, stayed overnight and came back home on Sunday night  During their absence, I am hoping to use this time wisely to get some things caught up on at home and places to visit over the next two weeks. 

Last Friday night I had a late night as we went to social night of bowling with other league players at Logan Lanes. It was after midnight by the time I got back home.  And I had a broken sleep pattern as the rest of this household was up 4am and getting organised to leave at 5:30am.

On Saturday night I caught up with another bowling friend who lives in Brisbane.  We went out for dinner at a league's club and afterwards to the cinema to see ROCK OF AGES.  I love the movie and managed to buy the soundtrack on CD yesterday.

Today I went to the craft shop to sit and causally scrapbook with friends.  Consider I didn't have to worry about after school pick ups, it was an advantage to have an extra hour at the shop. Tomorrow night and Friday night I will two scrap workshops to attend to so I need to get more photos and etc organised for both workshops.

Last week both schools had their sports day on over two days.  I was very disappointed to hear Monique didn't participle into any track or field events this year. But I am proud to say her sister did at her primary school for the final time.  Rachel came 2nd in the 800m and 4th in the 200m track events. As far as I know I think she does qualify to enter the 800m run at the districts event which I think this will be held after the school holidays.

Last week Rachel came home with her semester one report card. I wasn't surprised with her acheivement results with her subjects but I was more blown away to see top marks for her behaviour. Monique's report card will be posted after the school holidays.

Time to go to make dinner, have a hot shower, settled into winter PJs ready to watch the new series of Winners and Losers beginning tonight.  And if I am still awake, watch abit of Wimbledon Tennis live on TV.  Hewitt is playing tonight!

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It has been cold lately; and I've been working around the house to tidy up, do the laundry, wash up and knit another baby hat for some friends who are pregnant. Seeing I finished the third on recently - and a little scarf too - I thought to try out a blanket. But that's easier said than done... so, I'll be looking into seeing how much yarn I need first.

    Also seeing how much rain we're getting, I'm reading more, organising the house more and have needed to get in the Super-Geek guys in to look at my computer (because it keeps on screwing up when it starts up... so before it gets worse, I'm going to get it looked at; plus the clock is out!).
    Today, I had the wine people come out and let me sample some vino. I didn't have to buy any if I couldn't afford it (which I can't), but it's nice to get a gift and taste some free, expensive wine once a year. But this was a second visit; as the first one didn't happen, the first guy didn't show. So, I got the regular gift and a lovely bottle of German wine as an apology (which Mum and Dad will love, I'm sure!).
    On Thursday, I'm out to pick up a handbag I got the handles of fixed up. This bag was bought from Life Line and is beautiful; and I found it was a great make, but the handles were stuff; so when I took it in, the guy said he could replace the handles with leather. :D I approved and he said it would be hand made handles... brilliant!

    Friday will be my only day off where I can kick back and drink hot chocolate and read all day.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. is glad to hear you had the opportunity to try out different tastes of wine for free. Unfortunately drinking wine isn't my cup to tea. I am more a sweet spirit and coke drinker!

    ReplyDelete