Friday 29 June 2012

Where's our sunshine??

Good morning everyone!  I hope you all had a good week.  This week marks the first week of the school holidays coming to a close very fast.  Unfortunately the weather hasn't been nice for any holiday makers as we had a miserable week with rain and cold temperatures here.  But finally we might see some blue sky and sunshine here this morning. Guess I better get a move on and make a start to wash this week's clothing as my laundry basket is overloaded.
 
What a peaceful week I had without the kids around.  They are currently at their Grandma's who lives four hours drive away in Wide Bay area. I had two phone calls during the week from the kids and it seems they are having a great time up there.
 
While they are absent I thought I would make a start with some spring cleaning upstairs this week but I haven't got much done as I had other events on, outside the home...scrapbooking, shops and visiting friends.  
 
On Tuesday I had the usual casual scrap with friends at the craft store. But this time I spend an extra hour there as I didn't have to worry about after school routine. Supposely been a scrap workshop on Wednesday night but it was prosponed the last minute as most scrappers didn't want to travel in the wet.  Tonight's workshop is still currently got the go ahead and apparently this meet will have a challenge of a layout to try out.  Which reminds me I need to get my photos organised for tonight.
 
On Wednesday I decided to take a drive to Brisbane to visit a stamp club for a couple of hours to catch up with some members.  I used to attend to this club regularly until 2007.  By then changes to the club's policy was happening so it was a good time to depart.  But it wasn't the main reason why we left. Back then we started to managed a butcher shop as it was my husband's dream but unfortunately his dream was short lived after six months of being there. I hope he had learnt his lesson of not having family members involved in a business endeavour.
 
I might consider making a comeback to the stamp camp as more a casual member as a couple of ladies do miss my attendance. They are going to attend to a camp in August and I have been invite to attend. Just waiting to hear from the main committee member to see if there is any vacancies left to go.  It's been a while since I last done any stamping projects but I am sure I can get my mojo back quickly and work out to do stamping time with scrapbooking.  I was told there is two workshops over the weekend and one challenge to do.  Also there is swap challenge to do by creating 40 tags from any techniques you used.  If I attend to this camp, I will need to have alot of late nights doing this challenge.
 
Better go as I have some house chores to catch up with this morning before I go out later today.  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment