Sunday 10 June 2012

A busy long weekend

Not surprise really to wake up to rain this morning at 7:30am.  Actually the rain started before I went to bed last night.  I am thankful all my laundry loads got dried yesterday.  Just I need to fold and put away all the loads that are in the lounge room at present time.  Where's the cleaning fairy when you need her the most? 

How's your weekend been going so far? The weekend isn't even over yet and what a busy time I had since Friday after school with bowling leagues, a fund raise event and started a digital scrapbooking project last night.  The rest of this long weekend includes prebowls from my kids this afternoon and tomorrow morning and going to visit a couple of relatives tomorrow afternoon.

Yesterday I attended to a big morning tea/lunch/afternoon tea event with my bowling friends to help raise funds for cancer council research.  Besides pigging out on freshly baked cakes, slices, desserts and hot finger food, we had three auctions and multiple raffle draws. I managed to win three prizes from the raffle draws and one of the auction items for $65 (RRP $75). Meaning I had a $10 saving on an overnight blue bag. The other three items I won were a casserole dish, a pair of thongs with fake grass for the feet to rest on while walking and a large tea towel with dressed up gingerbread cookies all over and someone crochet around the tea towel in similar colour of the cookies. At the time our little group left the raised funds came to around $2200.

All the best to enjoy the reminder time of this weekend with the people you love and care about in your lives. If you have any travel plans, make sure your destination spot is a safe travel one.



No comments:

Post a Comment