Friday 24 February 2012

Just a normal week

Good afternoon to my readers and followers!  How was your week?  It was just another normal week for me to do my normal commitment stuff but I am looking forward to going out tomorrow for dinner and a movie with a friend in Brisbane.  The movie we are going to see is "This Means War".  Have any of you have seen it?  Going by previews it looks to be a good action movie, worth seeing..
 
It's now half way into term one for school age kids and it seems going by their school newsletters and informal assemblies, they have been busy settling down with the new national curriculum program.  I have heard from many sources that alot of parents aren't happy with this new system. To our Australian parents, are you happy with it? How are your kids coping with the new changeover?
 
Has your kids school getting their school photos taken this term?  How much is their package deals? The high school students had their school photos taken yesterday.  For just for a basic package, it's now cost $35. What a rip off! The primary school will have their school photos done next month. I wonder how much their package deal will be?
 
The primary school decided to introduce a new reading program for kids who needs to boost up with their reading skills.  I had received an email yesterday from the HOC person to let me know my daughter has been invited to attend to any of four morning sessions before school starts. They provided the students with breakfast too. I am not sure how this will work for my 11 yo daughter as she isn't a morning person and doesn't like to read either. Guess I will have to think of an excellent incentive reward for her to do this program at school, otherwise she will never get her reading level boosted.
 
Yesterday my Dad went to a hospital clinic to have his colonoscopy procedure done.  To anyone who had one done, would know what my own Dad had to go through beforehand.  This procedure was organised by his GP about two weeks ago because my Dad went to see him about stomach pains.  I was amazed how alert my Dad was when he phoned me at 5pm yesterday.  Apparently the procedure went well and the only thing they found was one polyp which a biopsy was done to see if this polyp is cancerous or not. It will be a week before we find out this biopsy result.
 
What's on your agenda for this weekend?  We will be back to living at the bowling alley again as my 13 yo daughter is back to entering tournaments again.  She bowls four games this Sunday morning in a three man team to be played with other centres.at a bowling centre, east of Brisbane.  Her goal this year is to bowl more 200 games at tournaments. WIsh her luck! 
 
Better go as I think I spent too much time with modern technology this morning.  
Have a good weekend everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment