Wednesday 20 November 2013

Summer storms started

Twenty days into November have just about passed us. As usual I have been busy since my last report written on this blog last week. We had good and bad news!

Monique's reward night happened on last Wednesday night. We just made it back home in time before the storm hit our area.  It was only a local one!!  She got a certificate and a medal for being the top student of all year 10 students who studied ART.  That child has already had a passion for art since she could able to hold a pencil at her early childhood age.  She loves to draw!! Their school principal knows how to communicate.  I haven't heard someone talks so much about his job he loves!! I only briefly spoken to him once or twice at functions but it was the first time I heard more information about himself. He does remind me abit of the primary school principal which both seem to share the same role about the importance of education of all students. I know how important education is but telling it to teenagers is another matter! 

Only this week I read an article about how do we know if our children are ready to start school.  I have been there and done that with both girls.  Back then one of them was ready to learn in year one while the other should of had another year at preschool. Now both are in high school and I do hope they will graduate year 12. There is alot of children in Logan who are school drop outs after year 10.  Actually there is one child I heard has drop out after year 8. I don't know how the child's mother can get away with that one.  By law children should be at school until at least year 10.  Even then they have to have a job to go to or attend college.

Today was the day to find out if our house sale contract became unconditional.  Sadly the buyer who wanted to buy this property had an unsuccessful application to their home loan. Like I said in my previous blog I suspect he might of had loan borrowing hassles if they needed an extra week for approval.  I am quite disappointed it's now the second time in two months to have a contract invalid.  I hope to had the house sold and be able to start fresh with my life. Now I feel no one wants our property!! Seriously I don't think this property will be sold before Christmas now. On top of that the banks are now getting tougher for applicants to apply for home loans.  I think it's just a bad time of the year to sell a property anywhere here. We should of sold it about 5 years ago when we had the opportunity to.  I think the house market was alot better back then too.

Summer isn't officially here yet and we already had severe storms hit SE QLD.  Most of last week and on Monday there were reports of dangerous cells hit the inland and coastal areas of the state.  On Monday we had a show of hail falling for about 15-20 mins.  It started to look like snow was falling by the time the hail stopped.

Just realised it is now getting late.  I already missed three quarters of a TV show I planned on watching tonight. Guess I will watch it online now. Have a good remainder of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment