Saturday 23 November 2013

Mixed emotions

Is it amazing how your emotions can change in 2-3 days? One moment you can be happy as Larry and the next a bombshell of news hits. I had mixed emotions for the past three days as a couple of events have happened since Wednesday afternoon. 

After the late afternoon email on Wednesday about buyer's number 2 contract has became invalid, it was less then 24 hours I had a phone call from the real estate agent to say she found another protential buyer.  A family of 5 (but heard later the couple has 9 children) came over after school to inspect the property.  We signed the contract just before 5pm that afternoon. I was quite happy but deep down I am thinking will this be another let down after two weeks? Everyone keeps on saying third time lucky!  But will it be the case for us?? I am trying my best not to think about this until Christmas.  The settlement day won't be until mid January as the solicitors will be closed during the festive season for 2-3 weeks.

I had plans to spend two days away from this house.  I just felt I needed abit of a break but when I woke up yesterday morning I felt really tired, run down and my tummy was unsettled. After doing some light housework I decided to have abit of a mid-day nap.  I was only thinking it would be about only an hour's snooze but my body told me a different story. It was close to four hours by the time I got out of bed and stayed awake until late last night.

RIP PEACHES
But the worse news of all came.........I walked out to the back verandah to check on my birds at around 5pm as it was close time of the day to bring them inside for the night.   I was in total shock to see a dead peachface in his cage. It really broke my heart!! He was the last of our peachface we owned!  He was a funny bird to watch with his clowning around acts.  He knew how to communicate to the wildlife birds as well. 

It was more heartbreaking to watch the other two (royal blue masked lovebirds) looking at their friend, just lying there without any sound.  When I brought their cage inside, they were trying to communicate to the other bird for some form of response in return.  I don't know if they understood that their friend had passed away.

Today they seen to be back to normal themselves and eating very well. I can hear them happily chirping away on the back verandah.

Last night I was home alone as the other household members were out at the movies until late.  I decided to phone a friend who lives in Gladstone.  We had a good chat for 2.5 hours about alot of different things happening in our life. We originally started as penpals as we have very common interests in cats and crafts. Even joined the same craft groups and swapped our papercraft made products.  But once the internet was installed it was more emails sending then writing with a pen onto paper. We both are still members to one craft group today where we swap ATC jams.

As for the rest of this weekend I will just take it as comes. Have a good weekend everyone!

PS I have another crafty friend who just started her mini business.  She decorately paints wooden things like pegs and pencils.  If you are looking for Christmas presents she will be at Creative Markets tomorrow.  This event is held at Springwood State School on Springwood Road, Springwood.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your little bird passing away... I remember him, and was a very cute little guy. RIP little Peachface...

    Thank you so much for putting the word out there for my stall at the Creative Markets on Sunday... I broke even and then made $3.00... but I'll go back next February and see how I go again. :D

    ReplyDelete