Sunday 19 May 2013

Interesting week

How was your week? I had an interesting week with news of all sorts.  Also I watched three DVD hires as they were due to be returned yesterday. I watched The Lucky One (its good for a chick flick), The Amazing Spiderman (remake again from previous movies) and The Iron Lady. I thought the movie was abit daunting to my taste but I do admire what Margaret Thatcher had done during her PM days in Britain.  She was very strong into politics from a young age.

Last Sunday was Mother's Day in Australia. The girls and I had a busy day. In the morning Monique and I bowled in a fun tournament at the local bowling alley.  We came 1st and I won Mother's Day goodies. Afterwards I taken Rachel to my parent's house so I could spend a couple of hours with my Mum and my Dad (because it was his birthday yesterday).  SInce then she had a fall and sustained some injuries to her knees.  I suspect she might be starting to have health issues to her hips as she seems to be falling over more these days. My FIL was the same as her until he had a hip replacement surgery done last month.
 
On Tuesday I had my weekly casual scrap at the store.  I am just about caught up with the school albums after working on them for afew weeks. Yesterday I was at scrapbooking for a whole day with some CM friends. Further details read my craft diary blog under LAST MEMORANZA. 
 
Because this event was held at a function hall at a lawn bowls club, we all had purchased lunch at the cafe. The menu prices was abit high but once you see what is on your plate, it is well worth the quantity of the price deal. I had a long lunch break because I got interested in watching the lawn bowls competition for about half an hour. It looks so simple to play!!  Very similar throw like ten pin bowling but not as powerful.
 
Last week we had the news about Monique's approval to commence her traineeship in the near future.  On Wednesday morning we will have another interview at the school which this time she will be given her modules to commence studying. I think maybe next Friday she might commence her work experience.
 
At present time Monique is at the Gold Coast border to bowl in a tournament today. The game will commence very shortly. She will bowl four games in a five man team. It takes almost an hour to complete each game. If the travel home (with another girl and her mum) goes smoothly without any delays Monique should be home by 4pm.
 
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment