Friday 17 August 2012

EKKA season

Hi everyone!  How was your week?  Our week was a shorter week as Monday was a public holiday known as Show Holiday for Brisbane. 
 
The EKKA is an annual carnival event for the capital city of Queensland and it intends to run for ten days.  But they smack a public holiday in for one day. Personally I didn't think this public holiday is really needed for just a carnival. I am sure there is enough time over ten days to attend if people are that keen on going to the EKKA to have fun. 
 
I never went to the EKKA this year but the rest of this household did.  Monique went with some friends on one day while Rachel went with her father on a different day. I think they can home with the free event, known as the FLU because I just came down with the early stages last night. At current time it's more the sore muscles, high temperature and an annoying cough that is knocking me about. I intend to get tired quite quickly.  Been a mum it's impossible to rest all day when the kids are at home.
 
I am starting to really disliking August because of death notices. This is the third time in four years I have lost a relative in August. Only just less then twelve months ago I lost an Auntie but I couldn't attend to her funeral because the timing was lousy to travel on such short notice.
 
Less then a week ago I had the news about my Uncle was in hospital after suffering a heart attack.  But unfortunately he lost his battle to live on Thursday morning.  He only had 30% of his heart functioning and 40% of his lungs functioning because he suffered a massive chest infection that killed them.  I was told his funeral will be held next Wednesday afternoon which I am hoping to make the trip up to pay my last respects to him and visit my Auntie's resting spot. Depending on how this flu progresses in the next two days, I might consider leaving on Monday with my 12 daughter to spend five days away from home. 
 
This weekend I am supposely be going away to a stamping camp but luckily for me I managed to get my money refunded.  I wouldn't enjoyed my weekend away anyway as I would have next week on my mind more as well as trying to recover from the flu.
 
At present time it's after 10:30pm and I thought heard thunder outside. At first I thought it was only my imagination until I opened the door and spotted lightning. I checked on BOM website and there isn't any storms forecast for tonight. So I guess even the weather bureau didn't even seen this mini cell popped up to hit only minor in the Logan area.  Going by radar, the cell is quite fast moving so we won't be expecting much rain at all.  Don't even think it will come pass over my house even. While I was in the shower I thought of my belated Uncle.  It's only been less then 48 hours and he is already making up a scene from heaven.. Mate!  Is there any beer up there??  Have one on me!!!
 
Take care and have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment