Thursday 31 May 2012

Wish this week didn't existed!

Today is the last day of the month and it aren't really a besutiful sunny day to get my loads of laundry dried. But I had no choice to do them as my basket was getting too full of used items. Guess the old dryer might be getting a use this weekend if this overcast and wet weather stays for afew days.

Actually it hasn't been really a good week for me as afew and unexpected events taken place.  On Sunday alone there were three incidents happened. And they say it happens in threes. 

Firstly it was Frank's ute.  On the way to Goomeri for the pumpkin festival his muffler decided to give away from the vehicle near Gympie. They stopped in Gympie for a couple hours to have the problem fixed but as they were leaving the battery died.

In the afternoon I had a very close call of been involved in a car accident, coming home from a friend's house.  All because of a speeding vehicle on the far left with a flat tyre from the trailer.  This tyre was ripped off the trailer and threw over into the middle lane where two cars plus me was there.  It was the driver in the front car of me, must of panic and hit the brakes so fast and so unexpectedly. It was only that one second of my life that makes a difference. If it wasn't for my fast reflex I would of become the hot dog on the roll on the motorway. I was shaken up for a while and had trouble sleeping that night but I am fine now.

Thirdly it was my Dad who contacted me to let me know their 20-25 yo refridge had died during the night. Guess that is normal for things to go after so many years.  I am guessing it will happen to ours in the near future as it is getting very old.  We seems to have problems with washing machines but the lastest machine seems to be going fine after two years.  I lost count on how machines we had to buy as the others had dead motors in them.

It was only a couple of months ago we had to buy a new TV as the old one died after five years.  Our TVs are always on, epecially all day on the weekends.  There is two members in this household that can't live without television life.

There is now the forth family member on my father's side has been diagnosed with prostate cancer in the last decade.  Like my father he was very lucky to have it found early.  He had his surgery of prostate removal yesterday.  The surgery went well and he should be out of hospital within 3-4 days.  Because he comes from Central Queensland, him and his wife will be down in Brisbane for three weeks.  Yesterday evening we went up to the hospital with my Dad to visit our cousin. It brought back memories of seeing my Dad in the same shoes. My Dad and our cousin are only 18 months difference in age.

So all to the male readers out there, do the right thing and get PSA tests done regularly through your GP. If it is found early you might have an extra ten years of your life added.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez! You guys really had a bad week! Luckily had you had your reflexes with your car though.

    And you're right about the ol' prostate exam. Guys, it may be the most uncomfortable thing you'll ever have done, but it will save your life. My family recently lost our dear Uncle Allan because he never went and had a Prostate Exam; thinking something else would get him (he was gay; you and only guess what!) and his Prostate Cancer was found out too late.
    Since he passed on, almost all of our family members - men that is - have had the PSA done. And guys, you have to remember that us ladies have to have very uncomfortable exams done as well.... our boobs are quished to millimetres to find breast cancer and we have to get our cervices looked into by doctors every 2 years... not a comfortable prospect. Even worse is when we find out that our ovaries have cysts on them and they can be very uncomfortable. :(

    So, getting a Prostate Exam doesn't sound so bad now, does it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting your point across cyperspace. Just hope it is a clear message for all mens in this world to do the right thing and care more about their own perosnal health.

    ReplyDelete