Saturday 26 May 2012

A busy weekend

Hi everyone!  Another working week has passed by and another weekend is half over in Australia already.  During the working and/or school week, it was more quieter for me and this time I stayed at home for most of the time during school hours but this weekend sure makes up for it.
 
Last night Monique went to her first pageant at a small rugby league near the school. It was one of her high school buddies convinced her to go and give it a tryout. I am surprise Monique shown interest as she isn't a girly girl kind of person to wear a formal dress and makeup.  She looked so lovely dressed up but didn't win the qualifying round. She did stuff up at the interview of alot of common questions about herself and sport with four people.  I say it was the nerves that got the better of her. Believe me I would of done the same if I was in her shoes. I never was involved in pageants and from what I heard last night you got to know how to do ballroom dancing. And Monique isn't really a dancer either!
 
Today was a busy day.  After bowling league we all went to the league's club for lunch with my parents. It was a nice lunch!  My mum and I had roast pork with vegetables.  My Dad had some wrap sandwich filled with chicken pieces and salad. It looks yummy! I will give it a go someday myself. Monique had a toasted sandwich and a huge bowl of chips which I am surprise she said she was still hungry aftewards. Rachel had fish and chips. For dessert it was an ice cream cake for Dad's birthday. Club members get a free cake when they ordered something for lunch or dinner, only in the month of the member's birthday.  My Dad's birthday was last weekend but I was already busy with other commitments on. Couple of us had a go at KENO and it was my Mum who won just her money back. 
 
Tomorrow morning the girls will be going to the Goomeri's pumpkin festival with their father.  Their grandparents go every year and this year they will meet them at the festival.  They have to leave before sunrise as it is a three hour drive from home. They are going to be brave as it will be a cold morning to leave before it reaches daylight.  BOM forecast the temperature to reach 6 by sunrise. I won't be going as I have other plans on.  I won't be going with them as I have other plans organised.
 
Better go and sort out this clean laundry of mine before I go to bed.  I already done other family members and it's time to fold my belongings and put away.. The loads of laundry was out on the line for two days as we had rain periods for a couple of days.  So it was a nice change to see sunshine this morning and stayed sunny all day here.  But it is alot cooler with SW winds about.  Expecting a cold night for sure!  
 
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment