Friday 2 June 2017

Goodbye Autumn!

WOW! It's hard to believe half the year is almost over.  In Australia we are now coming into winter and boy haven't I felt the change of weather for the past two days, especially at sunrise and later at night. 
Last month I had a couple of changes.  Firstly I cancelled my course because I wasn't getting anywhere with the field placement venue.  The college supposedly refund me (by crediting method) which I am still waiting on. My trainee suggested to re enrol but find a venue first.  That's what I have worked on for months and months! Thought about working with under 5 this time as little kids seem to like me more then school age. I hope my grand daughter doesn't act the same once she starts school in five years time. She turns 1 next month!  She started to walk afew steps by herself now.
I started volunteer work at a boutique store in the valley last month. I go in two days a week to sort out incoming of deliveries to be placed on shelves. This week my duties expanded:  train new workers with the routine and do the bookwork. Luckily for me I had experience with book keeping from the family business ten years ago. My boss is very impress with my job duties!  I am hoping to stay there for at least six months to gain work experience for my resume. I was told today to add the details on my resume and use my boss for a reference.  
What's your plan for this weekend?  I should continue with spring cleaning at home.  It's a slow progress as I haven't been home much of late. Also I got some scrapbooking preparation to do as I have a craft retreat on next weekend.
Better go as I have a couple of TV shows to catch up on.  I recorded earlier this week while I was absent from home.  On Wednesday night I was at a live footy game up the road and last night I was at my daughter's house until 9pm. Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment