Thursday 4 May 2017

Start of Term 2

Its hard to believe its now the forth day into May already. Mother's Day will be held on 14th May.  It will be Monique's first Mother's Day experience with Krystal (aged 9 months).  I have organised a breakfast buffet at the footy club that morning from 8am to 10am.  Its the basic hot continental breakfast which I am sure everyone will enjoy for $15 each. So what are you going to do for your mum on Mother's Day?
The kids had their two week break over Easter and now back for term 2.  We had two public holidays:  Anzac Day (25 April) and Labour Day (1 May). The next public holiday won't be until August when Brisbane has the EKKA (ie carnival) on for ten days. I haven't been to the EKKA for afew years now. The only thing I like about the EKKA are the Exhibit displays, showbags and the showground arena of activities.  The sideshow alley (ie rides) are the thing of the past for me.  The entrance fees doesn't include rides.

Easter has been and gone for another year!  How was your Easter? On Good Friday we had a fish and chips picnic near the local beach. It was quiet a popular spot there over Easter.  On Saturday we went to shopping, attend to the Easter Mass at church and had dinner at the footy club.  On Easter Sunday we spent the day with Monique and her family.  It was Krystal's first Easter and didn't she loved chocolate!!! On Monday I spent the afternoon with my parents.

Since then I basically been busy with loads of appointments and job interviews.  Do you think I was the lucky candidate? NO WAY!!  No one is giving me a chance to enter their front entrance.  Its very hard to find employment for someone like me with very limited experience. Most jobs now prefer a qualification of some sort.  Supposedly completed my Diploma by now but I can't finish it because of the field placement drama.  No one wants to spend extra time to supervise a student. Children's Services is a very competitive industry in Australia!  I have been looking for three years to work in any OSHC centres  (ie state or private sector).  I am sure I have applied to nearly every centre in Brisbane by now without any success.

I think its now time for a new change.  Last week I looked into volunteer work with animals this time. I sent two applications to 2 centres to do volunteer work day one a week for three months. With one company I will have to do an induction day before I can start in June. The other centre I have to call in person to see how it works, etc which I will have to call in very soon.

Better go and get organised to go up to the hospital to visit my friend again. I had to send him to the public hospital emergency at 2:30am on Tuesday morning as he had a high fever, very close to 40.  He has round 2 of this mystery virus again. All he gets is high fevers and cold sweats for days. He went to the doctor last week and got blood and urine tests done.  Nothing came up out of the
ordinary!  The doctors are so puzzled with this one. The hospital doctor quoted:  "His body is not letting any secrets out to why he is ill".  He seems to have his mother's gene. When she gets ill, the doctors can never find the problem to why it is happening.


When I was up there yesterday he was starting to get better after a course of antibodies via drip. If he continues to have temps back to normal he should go home before weekend.

Until next blog post:  have a good spring/autumn season!

No comments:

Post a Comment