Thursday 6 April 2017

Goodbye Term One

WOW!  Where is this year going?  Term one just ended last week but most schools closed early due to tropical cyclone Debbie hit the upper north coast of mainland and Whitsunday Islands last week. After Debbie downgraded to a tropical low, the cell moved down the Queensland coast into northern NSW.  Brisbane was hit with heavy rain and gusty winds on Thursday night. Logan was the hardest hit with floodwaters which I think most of the water came from Gold Coast Hinterland.  Lower areas in Brisbane copped the floodwaters for only a short time.  Debbie is still around but the low has now hit in New Zealand. I saw on the news today they are getting floods now.

Its currently the first week of school holidays and of course it isn't a good start for people who were affected by TC Debbie.  Most places had no power or water for a week! I seen on Facebook that some person complained about no bread or milk!  For crying out loud, stop thinking about yourself!  There are people out there don't have a home to go back too!!

As I had said earlier term one has ended.  Ten weeks of my life was just the same old routine with normal commitments.  Sadly my friend's father had passed away last month.  The funeral was held eight days later on a rainy day.  My friend's father was well known by many people who worked with him or hobbies commitments.  Also he was involved in RSL club so a special service was completed at church.  The funeral was 90 minutes long!! The church had a roof wet leak so I was getting wet for most of the service.  Luckily it was summer still!!!

Better go as I have a meowing cat to deal with and dinner to make.  Have a good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment