Wednesday 1 March 2017

Goodbye Summer

Hard to believe yesterday supposedly be the last of summer but I don't think it will end for QLD just yet.  Storms have been forecast for this week but we don't seem to be getting any as yet. Guess the weather man will eventually get the prediction right!! 

I was in Ipswich yesterday for a craft day with friends and I noticed good storm clouds were brewing out SW. While heading home towards the highway, I spotted how good the lightening was near the mountains.  I don't know how far the storm went but it didn't seem to follow me home to Brisbane.

This month was a busy month for me!  Besides animal sitting for a couple of days as the owner was absent, I am supporting my friend who is dealing with his terminally ill father who quality of life is going downhill fast as he is riddled with two brain tumours and now cancer in parts of his organs. This patient (aged 80) has been in palliative care for the past week. Very weak, frail and bed ridden!!  The family are trying to spend a lot of time with him but the patient feels frustrated most of the time dealing with his family fussing over him.  I only been up once to see him briefly on the weekend. Majority of the time the patient wants to sleep which is more likely the best thing for the patient right now.
 
I have managed to scrapbook afew pages at craft workshops this month.  I had attended to three all day meets in Brisbane and Ipswich.  The one in Ipswich was a hot day (43 degrees) which most of us didn't stay the full day.  The meet in March has been cancelled as most people will be away on a craft retreat that weekend.  I have been invited to a retreat in July for a lot less in cost then to other venues.  This one costs only $300 for 5 days.  We can do any craft projects we wish to please to do!! I will see how things go for the next couple of months before I make my final decision. 
My grand-daughter is now 7 months old.  She is crawling, sit up, hold the bottle by herself and now trying to feed herself with a spoon.  We think she might become an early walker as she is trying to stand up now.
 
Better go as I have to get organised for today's plans.  I have an appointment to attend to at lunchtime then a 4 hour trip to Hervey Bay this afternoon to spend two days with all of my girls. I haven't seen my youngest daughter since NYE!!  Have a good month!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment