Friday 19 July 2013

Semester two started

It's now two weeks since the girls have been back at school for the start of semester two. School report cards and parent teacher interviews might be happening in most schools this month.

Earlier in the week we received Monique's record card via snail mail.  She has done well with good acheivement grades in most subjects and all the teachers gave her good comments too. Her school's parent teacher interviws are held next Tuesday but I don't really need to speak to any of her teachers as I met them earlier this year. Back then they all stated she is going well at school. 

On the other hand it might be a different story for her sister. I am still waiting for Rachel's first report card from high school as yet. Going by her primary school years results I am not really expecting a very high achievement student. I guess her report card might arrive next week as parent teacher interviews are held in the following week. I wouldn't be surprise if I need to see any of Rachel's teachers as I already had a phone call last term about an educational crisis with Rachel's assignment.

At long last Monqiue's traineeship has began.  She met to start on her on the job training last Friday but there was a mild hiccup from one of the institude's organisers. All's sorted out now and she started on her training schedule this morning. When I drop her off at the office this morning there was another young trainee waiting.  Both girls headed to the destination point to met up with the others.

Guess I will know in two hours or so on how her first day went. Apparently there are ten students from different schools who are on the same job training with two coaches at one primary school to teach a group of students each week about different sporting recreation activities.  At the end of this course all trainees will have a qualification as a sports and recreation officer. This certificate course should take a minimum of a year to complete.

To all the followers and readers who have students in school, all the best of luck to them for whatever year level or course they are studying this semester.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't a very good student at school either with my grades either average or below average. I had some teachers comparing me to my brother (which is something teachers shouldn't do but they did) and other teachers going out of their way to help me very unsuccessfully.

    I wouldn't worry too much about Rachael's report card too much, it's her first year in. My report card was horrendous on my first year; and I passed maths for the first - and last time in my life.
    What I did was concentrate on what I was good at and passed them by the time I left high school. Yeah, I tried to understand the other subjects, but I made sure I did my very best in my favourites where I knew I was scored well.

    ReplyDelete