Thursday 22 March 2012

A busy week

A week has past since my last weekly posting which has been busy and a mixed bag of emotions as well.  Four days of this week has been busy of not being barely at home.

Last weekend's plans went out the window as I had my Dad admitted to hospital for an emergency hernia operation.  The operation went well and he is now at home recovering.

This week has been busy with normal commitments as well as attending two craft meets.  On Tuesday I worked on some Easter cards and yesterday I went to the scrap workshop to do a simple layout.  

Today I went to Southbank to visit the craft and sewing expo.  For further details go to http://www.craftandsew.com.au/ This show started today at the covention centre and ends on Sunday.  I chose today to go as I am busy on the other days.  This show had all forms of craft from sewing to papercrafting.  It was display all stalls in one exhibition hall only. In 90 minutes I visited all stalls and managed to spend under $300 on a new diecut set, two stamps, five scrapbook templates, an inkpad, three sets of colouring in utensils, three packs of mounting tape and a patchwork quilt kit.  Consider I am not a patchwork sewing person I only purchased the kit because it has cats all over the quilt. I know a couple of people who do patchwork quilting so I am sure I will get my throw rug size before the year ends.

Since MKR started a new series last month I have been following this show religiously. This week has been the elimination week on MKR.  There has been four nights where one team gets eliminated off from HQ.  Each night each team has to cook a meal in one hour by using the key ingredient chosen by the hosts of the show (Manu and Pete).  We had meals made each night with cheese, citric fruits and mince.  What would you make?  The twist was the two hosts and judges were the jury from four eliminated teams came back to vote each meal made.  The lowest two had their sudden cook off.  The lowest scored team leaves HQ. Next week is the semi finals. Who do you think will win?  I have my prediction who could win this week.

There will be a cookbook 2 to be released at newsgents from next week.  I already got the first cookbook and CD so you shouldn't be surprise I will be out there to get the second cookbook. I love this show!  It educates on what kind of meals you can create. I feel this series has more inspiring meal ideas on what to cook.

Time to go and get myself organised for bed.  I shouldn't have a late night as I have plans to be out for most of the day tomorrow. Plans on going to the movies and out for lunch with a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment