Thursday 1 September 2016

Welcome Spring!!

OMG!  Where did the last two months go?  Its now time to say goodbye to winter and welcome Spring!  For some people they might dislike this time of the year as they suffer allergies from flowers in bloom but I love it!  Not because the flowers are in bloom but new wildlife is born and some animals might be out of hibernation.

Speaking of births I've become a Nanna for the first time. Monique's first baby, Krystal entered the world on 17th July. Eight days early!! Weighed in at 9lb 3oz (4.1 kgs).  She is now six weeks old and weighs 5.44 kgs,  She is growing up well and new milestones are starting to be introduced.  I tried to spend much time with I can with both of them.  This week I had two days of long visits as Monique needed me as a taxi for her appointments and errands to do with the bub.

First week of July Rachel had her week at her Dad's in Logan. Last month she moved out to live with her father in Hervey Bay.  I don't even know where they live as I haven't heard from her since she moved. 

On 9th July the group who organised the Big Morning Tea for Cancer decided to make it their last Fund Raise event after doing this for so long.  At their last event they mentioned to raise over $2500 from everyone who contributed on the day. 

Monique turned 18 on 23 August.  We had a pizza night out with her partner's family in Logan.  The pizzas aren't the same they used to make them.  I think homemade pizzas are better because I like more fillings on them.

Other days I had normal commitments and involvement with craft workshops and penpal swaps which I signed up to join in recently.

Better go and get ready for bed.  I had too many late nights and tomorrow will be a busy day with spending time with Monique and attend to another craft class in the evening.  Have a good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment