Friday 1 July 2016

June report

Half the year is now over!!  Winter is definitely here this year!  Normally we have dry winters but this year it seems to be more rain about. We had two sessions of wild weather with storms (at coastal areas) with heavy rain and gusty winds to hit the south east coast of Australia.  Even had snow or sleet fall in the western areas of the state border (known as Stanthorpe). During the second case of a Sunday rainy day, I copped mild floodwaters (height around my ankles) at the roundabout at Toowong Cemetery. The water was coming down the hill from the Cemetery. I was in Ipswich all day and return home that night.

My normal lifestyle continues to be busy with normal routine of home life, study, job hunting, craft, bowling and spending time with my bf every weekend. Now its school holidays and plan to stay there next week while Rachel stays at her father's.

Rachel and I went to the club once to see a free movie "Daddy's Home".  The movie is about a Step Dad meeting the real Dad of the kids he got involved with.  How many relationships do you know involving step parent meeting the real parent of the child/ren?

Last month I had a two week training course to do through Tursa Employment Agency. This course was more detail about the workforce today. Most of it was common sense and have heard it all before.

Monique has moved out of her father's house in Logan and moved in to a new 5 bedroom house at Springfield Lakes with her partner and his family.  Rachel and I visited her at her new address last week!  Very nice house in a quiet area!! Compared to Logan, Springfield Lakes is more expensive to live.  I had to do some grocery shopping with Monique as they had barely no food. Who remembers to shop when you moved address?

The school holidays have started since last weekend. The first week is just about over! The first three days we were over at my bf's house to spent family time with him and his 1 yo cat (the former owner was his son who no longer wants the cat). The cat is very sociable for a moggy!! Loves to get cuddles and attention which Rachel done most of it during our time there.  Even the cat slept on her bed in the spare room. On Wednesday we went to the cinema to see Ice Age and had family dinner at the local RSL club.

To all the USA followers, enjoy your long weekend as I heard you have a public holiday on Monday. Happy Independence Day to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... I remember when I moved into my townhouse that Mum paid for my first grocery shop - she did the same for my brother too when he first moved out. It's something that's much-needed and makes sure you kick-start the household budget well in advance with.

    ReplyDelete