Monday 1 June 2015

May report

OMG!  Where did the month of May go?  I can't believe its the first day of June.  It's supposedly be the official start of winter but I think most areas of country already had winter hit early.  I know some areas of US had bad experiences with wild weather recently.  But on 1st May Brisbane had the most wettest storm afternoon in history.  From 2pm (the time my Aunt's funeral started in Mackay) the first sound of thunder started and continued with heavy rain until about 7pm. Most motorists had the longest journey home that evening as a lot of roads were under water.  I did have an outdoor event to attend to that night but it was proposed to Sunday afternoon.
I had a busy month as always with normal commitments to deal with.  I had some run around issues to deal with my field placement.  I may found a successful venue as long the college doesn't give me the run around with relevant paperwork this week.
The only highlights of the month was attending to a live football game and to attending to a Dr Who event in Brisbane.  I don't watch the show religiously but I only attend to this event as my friend had spare tickets.  I got to meet the main character of show very briefly and witness the question forum in the afternoon where fans of the show was allowed to ask many questions to the three actors for two hours.  I found the forum was educational and learnt more about the actor's career myself.
Time to get some studying done this afternoon.  I have two assessments to complete in the next 3 weeks.  It's been a very long time since I last completed an assignment successfully. One assessment is a very long essay to complete.  I started on this assessment last night at Maccies while waiting for my friend to show up after he played sport.
Enjoy your first season of winter or summer!  I know which hemisphere I would love to be at right now.....wherever there is summer!  My 14 yo child was home from school for 3 days last week as she had the winter flu cross chest infection. Can you see why I hate winter?  It's not the cold temperature its all the winter viruses anyone can catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment