Thursday 3 July 2014

Goodbye semester one

Its obvious this year has been flying on by so fast.  Two months has passed since my last monthly report was blogged on here. 

May and June were quite busy with alot of commitments on involving single parenting, job hunting, craft workshops and meets involving both scrap-booking and stamping, catching up with friends, afew dinners have been dined out at two clubs, catching a few new release movies at the cinema and bowling.

After being introduced to CTMH I returned back to the stamp club in Brisbane.  Our craft meets are held fortnightly on Wednesdays. Recent meets were make and take classes where club members either made a greeting card or off the page project.   Also I returned to Stampin' Up classes in June.  The first workshop we had 9 cards to make in 3 hours.  

On the long weekend of June I attended to my first CTMH camp for the year. It was a good weekend to be productive.  I managed to completed many pages in my albums.

On 3 May I attended to the model train show in Brisbane with a couple of friends. After viewing a few displays it brought some childhood memories back. Alot of people don't know I am more into trams then trains.  Yes.....I did see a tram display at the show. About 20 years ago I went to the tram museum in Ipswich.  Now the Gold Coast has a tram service which I should go down there for a day, just to catch a ride on the tram.

On 6 May I had my first parent teacher interviews at Rachel's school.  All of her teachers I met had positive outcomes with Rachel.  After abit of a slow start settling into her new environment, she is progressing well.  Since she is studying wood and metal work, she has been creative and made afew items at school and brought them work to keep.  The latest item was a wall clock. The background is more a wolf scene at night-time.

Mother's Day in Australia was celebrated on 11 May.  I spent the afternoon with Monique as Rachel was at Grandma's for the weekend.  Monique and I had lunch at Pizza Hut then went shopping and had social games of bowling near her home address.

On 18 May it was my Dad's birthday.  I went to a RSL club for lunch to celebrate the occasion.  The club had light entertainment and raffles going that afternoon.  If I can remember correctly I think our table won a couple of prizes.

On 20 June I had lunch at Mt Coot-tha with a friend I have known for over 20 years.  We first met at college when we both studied a short course in office skills. Speaking of college, I think I should consider my enrollment done and start in semester two.

Right now it's school holidays for students in our state.  My first week has been busy catching up with Monique, seen three movies, one dinner outing and had two craft meets. Rachel is currently absent from home.  She's having a holiday at Grandma's in Wide Bay area. 

Time to go and think about dinner. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment