Friday 1 February 2019

Not a good start to 2019!!

Goodbye January!  Where did the last 31 days go?  Australia is now into the last month of summer but I wouldn't be surprised if summer temperatures continue into parts of autumn. While SE QLD had mostly a dry summer, areas in North QLD had many mm of rainfall from tropical lows or low category cyclones which has caused a lot of flooding from Townsville and further north. It would be nice to see some good slow rainfall down this end of the state as our grass is pretty much gone brown everywhere.  Meanwhile in mid west of USA they are experiencing a deep freeze (with temperatures well into the minus).

In January Australia had two public holidays.  Besides the world celebrating New Years Day we had Australia Day on 26th January.  It was just a very quiet day for us!! In the evening we dined out for dinner at the footy club.  I had a roast lamb meal!!  After dinner we went to the cinema to see Green Book. Have you seen it?

My year had started with the return to afew craft meets and bowling.  I joined a new league as the old league was transferred to a different centre.  For craft I was introduced to a new venue. Either on Monday or Tuesdays we can do free papercrafting of either card making or scrapbooking for 6 hours.  I attend once a week on Mondays. The meet itself is free to attend but the store owner would prefer you to purchase at least one item.

This weekend I have two scrapbooking workshops with new consultants. Saturday's meet has her workshop for twelve hours to do your own projects but I don't think I will be there for that long. More likely between 8-10 hours the most. Sunday's meet involves a learning class to create a page or two.  I used to do this kind of workshop years ago with a past CM consultant when I lived in Logan. Both new consultants (for different companies) live more locally which I hope to plan to continue visiting once a month if this weekend goes well. I am thinking of giving away attending Ipswich workshops because of the travel distance and its costing me more money then its really worth. My goal for this year is to create many scrapbooking pages I can because I haven't done a lot in the past 2 years due to study commitments.

My start of the year has not been the best with news.  I had my mum in hospital for two nights for further tests to be done as in late 2018, a bowel test came back with some abnormal findings.  She is okay at the moment. Just a bruised arm from all the needles she had. She had a colonoscopy, a cardiogram and other tests done.  From her colonoscopy they removed afew polyps. She goes back for her annual heart check in mid February.

A couple of weeks an old friend phoned me with belated festive season greetings.  I had known him and his wife since bowling in a league in the very early 21st century. They would be around the same age as my parents and they treated me like another daughter of theirs.  I had left this league about 4 years ago. He told me over the phone he has been diagnosed with bone cancer, Mind you I was at a craft meet at the time he phoned my mobile number. 

We have a very sick cousin.  He would be the around same age as my father. My dad told me they attended to the same schools. Of course its expected when you grow up in a country town.  My cousin had three mini strokes and a block artery is found in his neck. An ex-neighbour (who I still stay in touch with time to time) has a blocked value in his heart. His wife said the doctors won't operate because they feel he won't survive during surgery. The strangest part what I seen as a prediction from an Facebook app stating I will expect a death this year. I prefer not to happen but sadly its part of our lifecycle to deal with. 

Better go as I have many scrapbooking pages to prepare for upcoming craft meets.  Have a good February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment