Saturday 21 July 2018

Goodbye Double J's!


WOW! I can't believe half of 2018 is now over. Where is this year going? Christmas will be here before we know it. I haven't had much thought about Christmas as I am more too focused on other priorities right now. Have you?
 

Early June my youngest daughter was in Brisbane for a week. She stayed at her sister's house so I only managed to see her for three visits as I was busy with college attendance at the time. She mainly was down because the bridesmaids had their dress fitting done and ordered in. It should be around October by the time their dresses are created and delivered. Apparently the bridal dress has arrived and my daughter and I had organised to pick up later this month.
 

In early June I had a full day in Toowoomba with my best friend. We visited two museums. The first one was about the history of trains and trams and the second museum “Cobb and Co” was all about the history of past transportation modes before engine runned vehicles were introduced in Australia. I really enjoyed it! There was another museum we could of visited but it was temperary closed for renovations.
 

Do you like winter? This time of the year isn't my best friend because I am not fuss with the cold temperatures and secondly I intend to cop the common colds and flus which unfortunately it bite me harder then I predicted. Had to have two weeks off college in June because I was quite sick with a mild chest infection and asthma cough. It was more the asthma cough that knocked me about because it mainly happened early mornings and evenings, especially when I try to get to sleep. I only get this kind of cough when I have the flu like symptoms. I had this cough since I was a teenager but since I stop regular swimming the asthma cough returned. After I visited a GP I had a change of medication for my asthma. They now have a new kind of asthma puffer which you only take once a day with the blue reliever. This new puffer is more like a powder kind.
 
This month I started my vocational placement at a childcare centre. Its about a 5 minute drive to the venue.  Might consider leave the car at home and walk to VP as it is getting to become a nightmare of finding off street parking near the centre. Most times I have to walk about 1/2 km to get to work.  I attend two days a week for about 16 hours.  The first two weeks I was working with the pre-schoolers. On Thursday I taken a real ten pin and my toy bowling set to VP.  The kids enjoyed playing with the set for a short while. One child managed to gain a strike. I wonder how many kids asked their parents at pick up if they could go bowling (at a real centre).
 

My grand daughter turned two this week. She has been attending part time daycare for a while now and she has really picked up a lot of new things to learn. Of course she has this typical toddler behaviour too! She is starting to identify who is in the photos now. A couple of weeks ago I asked her if their pet dog is a dog? She just looked at me and started to laugh!! It was the way she looked was priceless!! Just wished a camera on record to show evidence but I am not sure that moment will never will happen again.
 
Well better get into studying before the day ends.  I have four assessment booklets to finished off.  I have one question left to answer for one booklet but it requires some online research to find the answer.  Have a good August!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment