Thursday 25 January 2018

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2018!  Its hard to believe the first month of the new year will come to an end next week. I wouldn't say it is the best welcome month for any of us as we had a good round of summer colds and stomach bugs.  I am the lucky one who copped it this week. I was quite sick for two days. Only today I got out and about to get some important things done.

Also had four people in hospital last week.  On Tuesday one craft friend had day surgery on her nose to remove a sun cancer. On the same night my grand daughter was admitted to hospital with coughing and wheezing.  Turns out it was asthma!!  She was in hospital for half the night of having hourly doses of the asthma puffer.  She was discharged after midnight once the wheezing stopped and her heart rate dropped back to normal. On Wednesday I had two relatives in hospital. A cousin of mine had more serious operation for his cancer removal in the colon and appendix.  Last I heard he is making good progress with major body changes  On the same day I thought it was my Dad's turn to have day surgery for his melanoma but it turned out to be only a consultation visit. He goes into hospital next Tuesday for his day surgery.  Over the summer season I lost count on how many doctor visits he had for sunspots.  Except for that one melanoma on his left arm, most of the biopsies came back as BCCs. One of the nurses told my father: he is breeding a cancer farm!! 

On a good note:  my bowling league and craft workshops have resumed last weekend.  It was a busy weekend as I had two craft meets during the day on Saturday and Sunday and bowling on Sunday night.  First night back I bowled well! In a different league at a different centre I witness a 300 game played on Monday night.  I was only at the centre for social time with my daughter (about wedding stuff) while her future partner bowls in their league with a mate of theirs.

Besides watching a lot of tennis on TV, I did managed to see three movies at the cinema. I watched The Greatest Showman, Paddington Bear 2 and Jumanji (ie THE ROCK starred in this one).  Oh yeah, that reminds I met an American lady while dining out with old college buddy of mine for lunch at one of the famous AFL club in Logan.  It was a 5 hr lunch as the US friend (who currently on holidays in Australia) told us a lot of USA.  I was the curious one who wanted to know more about US!  Its my dream holiday to go to USA and see many places. I do have a relative and a long time email friend who lives in Florida. As we were departing the footy venue my buddy and I found out this young USA woman is related to THE ROCK. I do have a cousin who is famous in the footy world over in USA so it doesn't really surprise me to meet someone who is related to someone else who is famous. I believe celebrities are entitled to a private life too!

Six weeks of school holidays has been and gone!  The students in Queensland went back to school this week.  They only had a 3-4 days of schooling as tomorrow is Australia Day!  Its a public holiday for all states of the country to celebrate the country's milestones. I don't think I will be doing anything special but I have been invited to attend to a BBQ on Saturday night with some bowling friends. 

Guess that is the drama I have to share with you this month!  All the best of a Happy February!  Safe travels to any destination!  Sadly two families had lost their lives over the Christmas weekend. Both accidents (one in Brisbane and the other in NSW) was caused from an intoxicated drivers (ie drug related).  Just remember if you plan on drinking alcohol at any venue, make sure you have a plan B beforehand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment