Wednesday 2 November 2016

Melbourne Cup Day

Its now the second day of November. The highlight of this week was Melbourne Cup Day yesterday. It involves horse racing in Melbourne.  Its a public holiday for them but most cities host big luncheons at hotels or restaurants for a high cost. But I attend to one venue for half the cost for a basic roast meat buffet at a common hotel.  Most guests had hats on but I decided to go out totally different.  I was dressed up as a jockey!  And wasn't I noticed by hotel staff and guests!!

I didn't placed any TAB bets but I did get involved in the sweepstakes.  The horse I was chosen did not win any placing!  The group had multi-draw raffles going which I managed to come home with two prizes.  Two small bottles of alcohol and a painting.

Have you seen any horse racing?  I seen more on TV but I would like to watch a live event one day.  Melbourne Cup was held at Eagle Farm Racecourse in Brisbane but apparently the media started they lost power for over two hours.  Most people aren't happy because they didn't see the main race happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment