Friday 16 August 2013

40 hour famine

How is everyone's week been going?  It's been a short week as we had a public holiday on Monday for Brisbane EKKA. This carnival had been opened for 8 days now and I guess thousands of visitors past the entrance gates to have a fun day out with themselves or their family or friends. We never bothered going this year as it's too expensive to attend yearly.

Today is the start of the 40 hour famine and it will end on Sunday.  My eldest girl got involved for the first tme this year.  So it will be interesting to see how long she can last without food intake.  I know I couldn't because I would be feeling ill from lack of something in my stomach.  Don't get me wrong I do really feel for these poor starving kids in third world countries.  If I was there I probably would give some child a good meal if I could.  I don't believe in donations to many organisations because I heard it's the administrators of the organisation that gets our donated money.  What really ticks me off is how there are so many fussy eaters out in this world!  They just take food for granted.

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Before I was stuck back on medication and had to eat again - and wasn't allowed to take part in this event anymore - I took part in it once as a teenager.

    There were guidelines and I was allowed to have barley sugar, water and tea - that was it. I wasn't allowed to actually eat anything really... it wasn't all that great. but then, it started at 8pm at night and finished around noon on Sunday, so for a good part of the weekend, i was either watching television, reading or writing. I wasn't really paying much attention to my grumbling stomach.
    The one problem I had was my older brother worked for Domino's Pizza and he brought home 6 'Joke' pizzas right in the middle of the whole thing! These are pizzas that are ordered but there's no drop off address or when the driver gets there, it's been a joke on the company the pizza comes back; and the drivers can take them home. Well, my brother brought home 6 of the damn things and I hated him for it! At the time I was starving and he sat in front of me and ate my favourite food while I had to go outside for a walk to get away from the smell. :(

    ReplyDelete