Thursday 1 September 2011

August report

Goodbye August!  Where did the eighth month of the year go. Finally this is the final month of winter. It was a busy month with normal commitments, craft and bowling.  Also I started on spring cleaning downstairs.

Some good luck and bad news had happened this month.  For the lucky charm I won $45 for the lotto number card again at the TQI tournament and the bowling raffle on Sunday night recently. 

As for the bad news I found out a friend has been diagnosed with a brain tumour and I have lost another relative on 29th August.  Her resting place service will be held tomorrow morning but I couldn’t go because it was just too far to travel on such short notice. Besides this weekend will be busy with important commitments on. Once I plan on going away on holidays up north with the kids, I make sure I stop there to pay my last respects to her.

We had two weekends in a row with bowling tournaments.  The first one was for Juniors where leagues played against each other on 7th August at Logan Lanes.  Both girls were involved in two teams and they came 3rd (Monique) and 8th (Rachel) out of 16 teams.  On the following weekend (14th August) Monique had her sixth TQI tournament played at Mt Gravatt. Not surprisingly she did it again!  She came home with another two medals to add to her collection for team placement of coming 1st and the other one for high series with HCP.

Being the eighth month of the year reminded me it was my birthday this month.  I turned another year older this year and I just had a quiet day at home.  It would have been nice to have a scrap day but my CM consultant decided to cancel this workshop day as we had an all day meet on the following Saturday.  Three days later after my birthday, it was Monique’s 13th Birthday which now means she is a teenager.  Can I hibernate like a bear until she turns 18?

Besides normal scrap meets, I was invited to attend to an all day mega scrap meet at Runcorn Tavern's functin room on 27th August.  This event was a fund raise event for Make a Wish Foundation. Unfortunately I didn’t win any prizes but I managed to have a productive day on creating some pages.  Right now I am working on a new project.  One of my relatives requested some family photos of us so I decided to create an album instead.  Instead of what kind of album I normally use I choose to use a picfolio album (where you just simply add your 12 inch completed pages into a plastic sleeve).  Last month CM had a deal going where you buy two albums for the price of one and I thought the picfolio was a better deal to buy.  I didn’t have to worry about purchasing extra albums pages or protective sleeves as the picfolio album had another pages for what I need this project for.

At this mega scrap day, our lunch was included in the price from the tavern.  We had a choice of five dishes from their menu. We could have either steak, pork, chicken, pasta or fish served with their salad bar. All choices were picked from many ladies but I went for pork and vegies as it has been a while since I last consumed a roast dinner. It was quite yummy too!

Well that's it for this month!  I hope you all have a lovely day with your father on this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment