Wednesday 21 September 2011

Gladstone friends

Half of the first week of the school holidays is just about over.  But Tuesday was the most busiest day of all.  The day was about catching up with two friends who came down from Gladstone.  One of them was passing thru on her destination to Melbourne with a short stop over in Brisbane.  And my other friend came down for a week's holiday with her kids.

The day began from 5:30am where I suppose to be up early and be in Roma Street Transit to meet up with one of them by 7:30am. But the train was three hours late because of a track issue.  Once she arrived we had brunch and walked around all morning visiting a couple of shops around the Queen Street Mall and Southbank.  On returned back to the city we board on the City Cat ferry to cross over the river.  It was my first time on being on this ferry and I couldn't believe how fast it could go down on such a short trip down the river.  Because I suffer from sea sickness I did fell abit off for a short time after travelling on this ferry.  Also I don't think it helped after walking so many kms all morning in the hot sun either.

In the afternoon we caught up with my second friend where we went social bowling with both my kids and her kids in one of the bowling centres, north of Brisbane.  We bowled four games each at a discount price because I am friends with the centre manager.  We had the whole centre to ourselves so the game was played in a glow in the dark setting with some disco and party music of all decades.  Afterwards we went out for a cheap dinner at Maccies!  It was only the place nearby you could send your younger kids to play in an indoors environment at nightime.

It was 9pm by the time my kids and myself arrived home.  My youngest child was asleep going home and she managed to get up by 8am.  Right now she is next door playing.  I still have a sleeping beauty fast asleep (ie typical teenager) on her bed and it's nearly 11am. It's definiately time for her to get up as she has an afternoon school holiday activity to attend to from 1pm.

To all the parents with kids, enjoy the rest of the time of their school holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment