Monday 5 September 2011

A new week

A new week has started and hopefully it would be alot better week compared to the last one.  I have noticed our daylight hours are slowly on the increase as we are now into spring.  Our mornings and evenings are still quite cool to wear a jacket but our daylight hours are starting to warm up now.

My cat named Gismo has been a bad boy yesterday.  He managed to capture a little bird outside but we managed to save it from hin. The cat had already done some damage to one of its legs and feathers so I knew it wouldn't be able to fly freely again. The girls fell in love with the pretty little bird but they don't know until after school that the little bird didn't make it afterall. It died around lunchtime today!  I think the bird might of more internal injuries that I didn't know about.  I was going to take the bird to our local animal shelter to see what they could do for the poor little thing but it was already too late. 
 
This morning I was at the high school to watch their school assembly for the first time since Monique started there in late January. It has been well over 20 years since I last watched a high school assembly.  The only difference is that today's kids get rewards.  I was there to watch the ceremony with afew other parents, the year 8s and 9's getting rewarded for outstanding effort and behaviour from semester one.  There were four stages of rewards from Bronze to Gold and Gold plus (that is where the student's report card shows all As and Bs for every single subject). Monique got the Gold plus level and will be invited to attend to a breakfast in the near future.
 
After school the girls and I went to the bowling alley as Monique and I had to prebowl for this Sunday night's league.  Only because Monique will be away bowling all weekend into a real serious tournament.  She's got to bowl 18 games (9 games per day) from 9am to about dinnertime I think.  Anyway I thought it was a waste of time prebowling as I bowled crap.  I started well then went downhill afterwards.  It happen for me last night too! Got to go bowling again on Thursday aftero as Monique got to prebowl for Saturday morning league.  What an expensive week this one going to be! 
 
Time to go and make dinner for the family now.  Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Gizmo is just following his instincts and doing what cats are supposed to do... unfortunately that's to capture and play with birds. However, once those poor little things die, they don't want anything to do with them. :(
    I hope you've buried the bird somewhere in the garden or put it out of his reach in the rubbish. Normally, when this kind of thing happens, it's best to bury them or have them disposed of somehow.

    ReplyDelete