Monday 12 September 2011

Bowling and more bowling

How was your weekend?  Like I said in my sporting blog I was practically living at a bowling alley most of the weekend to witness my daughter playing in a tournament.  Futher details can be read from the sporting blog.  Would think we would be sick of bowling by now after this weekend.

Today I am still in bowling mode.  I still can hear the sounds of the bowling balls hitting the pins, the juniors with their sporting war cries and music played all day. There were ten centres involved and can you imagine all the players, their coaches, their managers, the junior's carers all packed into a twenty lane bowling centre?  You had to be there early to get a good carparking spot in the centre's carpark and a table to sit? 

Most centres had BYO food eskys for their juniors. Well...they had to continue to have high energy foods to help them continue bowling 9 games per day. I just taken some junk food and lots of water for Monie to have.  She didn't barely touched the food until the end of the day. They had an hour's lunch break per day and I would buy something at the cafe for both of us to have for lunch.  For dinner I grabbed takeaway on the way home. And that was a mistake to do because the person who dealt with orders had stuffed it up at two different places around local. TYPICAL juniors!  They never seem to get it right.

While she was off bowling in her tournament I was busy creating with some papercraft activities which I managed to get alot done.  I couldn't see much of Monie's play because alot of carers were standing up to watch their little darlings play.  Also someone had to stay at the table to babysit their personal belongings as well.  It didn't bother me as I was quite happy to sit at the table and do my own thing.  Only at odd times I could see how they played when carers moved out of the way. But Monie did come to me after each game and let me know how she went.  She did bowl a 200 game on day one. 

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment