Tuesday 27 December 2011

Boxing Day Holidays

Hi followers!  How's your festive long weekend been going?  Preparing up to our Christmas Day was busy with finalized the last minute items.  I already made a report in this blog about Christmas Day. 

It was a very long Christmas Day for me as I practically stayed up all night and downloaded hundreds of songs into my brand new MP3 player. The songs came from the music file on my DH's laptop that he started throughout the year from our collections of CDs. I never realised how much of a collection of music CDs we purchased over the years.  Some past hits I like from the 60's, 70's, 90's and this century are enjoy listening to but the 80's was more my era I love the most. There is too many favourites of the 80's I love hearing over and over.  Most weekends I would had the TV on weekend mornings to watch music clips from rage or video hits. 

Countdown was another show I used to love watching so when I heard about Molly Meldrum's accident two weeks ago, it was a little upsetting.  Good news!  Molly is now awake, spoke afew words and has all the intensive care machinery turned off.

After only having three hours of sleep I managed to survived the day by keeping myself busy and consuming alot of sugar related foods on Boxing Day.

At breakfast time I seen my DH and kids off in his ute to travel to Hervey Bay and spent a week up there with my inlaws. Four hours later I received a phone call from my eldest daughter stating they made it safely up there. I didn't go with them for a couple of reasons.  

While they are away this week I have planned on doing things at home.  Yesterday it was a full day to get into some serious spring cleaning of my kitchen from the ceiling to the floor.  And washed four loads of clothes, bed linen and towels.  It was the purfect day to do the laundry as it was sunny and hot to have all the loads dried quickly.

I thought about having an early night last night to catch up on lost sleep from Christmas Night but that planned didn't work as I was on the phone to a friend from bowling for over two hours.  After that phone call and read two chapters from a novel it was just on midnight when I fell asleep.

Today I managed to have abit of sleep in and I had a lazy morning here on my laptop. I checked what the latest is on facebook and blogger, my incoming of emails, replied to some messages and joined to follow a new blog that one of my craft friends created recently. 

What's on your agenda for New Years?  At this stage I haven't made any concrete plans but I don't think it will be anywhere to go partying hard for in the city. 
I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment