Friday 27 December 2019

Goodbye 2019

This will probably be my last blog for 2019! I have noticed I haven't barely blog a lot this year. I will try my best to do more blogging in 2020. Here's hoping 2020 will be a better year for a lot of people. We had mother nature causing disasters for a lot of people to lose everything or lives were lost this past few months. Also lost a lot of celebrities throughout the year. I have seen on Facebook that some people will be glad to see 2019 gone. Could say this year was more a good year for me but I hope next year will be even better.

Sadly I have two friends who are terminally ill with their medical condition and I might be expecting the bad news I don't want sometime in 2020. One friend has stage 4 melanoma caner and she's been talking about leaving her family to travel to a different state.  The other friend has a heart condition which can't be operated. I saw him before Christmas and he looked ready to leave Earth. Its not the memory I want!!

I have this week off from my volunteer work which I hope to get some abit of spring cleaning done and watch a cinema movie or two. Probably dine out on Saturday night at the local footy club. Next Monday afternoon I will have a job interview at a childcare centre. Wish me luck! I was surprised this morning when the Director phoned me and discovered the centre was opened. They used to have centres closed for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year. It was good for staff to have time off back then. But I heard a lot of business don't allow employees have time off before Christmas anymore.

This festive season sure went out the door very fast. How was your Christmas? On Christmas Eve I had my volunteer work. The warehouse closed at 1:30pm. Rest of the afternoon was spent on the final Christmas shopping. In the evening we went to the city to attend the 6pm Christmas Mass at St Stephen's Cathedral in Elizabeth Street. The church was quite a full house!  A lot of people had to stand either both sides of the church wall or at the back entrance. We were sitting at the back row on the seats.

We had a quiet family dinner at Monique's house. We had present opening before dinner and played games with my 3 year grand daughter. Jade (who's almost three months) had her first Christmas which she won't remember. She was given baby clothing, bed linen and baby toys. Krystal mostly received gifts with either The Wiggles or Frozen image on the items.  I received a Lion King Monopoly game, a small move around craft organiser, a star wars t-shirt, some money and scratch its which they are still inside the Christmas card not scratched. I could be rich but my chances of that happening is very slim! After dinner we went around locally to look at a couple of houses with good light displays. 

On Boxing Day we had afternoon tea with my parents. In the evening we went to the cinema to see the latest Star wars movie "The Return of Skywalker". Don't want to be a movie spoiler but sadly "Princess Leia" had died in this movie. It's kind of expected to happen as Carrie Fisher had passed away on this day three years ago. Her mum "Debbie Reynolds" passed away on the next day. That was a very sad time of the year for that family.

What's your plans for New Years? I have volunteer work and probably nap afterwards. I am not sure what will do in the evening. I don't even know if there will be any fireworks happening as I heard some areas banned them because of the bushfires still happening in some areas of the country.

Better go as I have snail mail to post off this afternoon. All the best for a happy and safe New Year. Good luck with any new endeavours you may challenge yourself to do in 2020. Safe travels on the road too.



No comments:

Post a Comment