Monday 8 October 2012

Weather changes fast

Good afternoon everyone!  School holidays are now over and the kids went back to school this morning.  Boy!  It was hard to get up early as I was getting used to sleeping in over the school holidays. 
 
This term will be only ten weeks long and what a busy little term it will become in such a short time.  I know it will travel by so fast and farewelling primary school life will be upon us before I know it.  My darling little 12 yo will be graduating year 7 in December. BOO HOO!  I wish kids didn't have to grow up so fast!! Why can't they stay young and be in primary school forever???
 
How was your weekend?  I hope you enjoyed your time off with your family and/or friends.
 
What a hot weekend we had here.  Yesterday the temperature reached 36C (96F) but by 8pm the southern change came and temperature dropped so quickly.  It ended up becaming a cooler night and an overcast day here today.  BOM predicts this week will be abit of a mixed bag with either cooler or hot temperatures throughout the country and rain and possible storms in some areas of the state. It will be impossible to work out what to wear each day as we never know what's around the corner.
 
Consider my 12 yo and I were out at the public pool on Saturday, I decided to stay away from the hot sun yesterday.  I was indoors all day and watched most of the V8 supercar race on TV.  It was live from Bathurst, NSW. The race car drivers had to drive 161 laps around this circuit within about seven hours. Three years ago we stopped briefly in Bathurst, on our way home from our holiday.  We enjoyed the experience of driving this track under normal speed conditions.  I don't know how the race driver professionals can handle this track at high speeds as I found I was abit nervous driving around the hugh corner at normal speed. This circuit is a normal road for locals who live up the mountain. This website link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst,_New_South_Wales will give further details about the town and sport.
 
Last night's bowling was okay to play but unfortunately my team didn't win any points as we played against a top bowler.  But the good news I did come home with a star of the week certificate for bowling a great over average game from the week before. Only have another six weeks of play left, then the season will be over for the year.  After a six week break the new season will resume in January.  At this stage I don't know if I want to return or change leagues.
 
Better go as I have some scrap gear to sort out and have it ready for this week's meets.  I have my casual meet at the store tomorrow and a new workshop to attend to on this Thursday.
 
Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment